Winter Tires: Save Lives & Money
Winter driving can be dangerous for a variety of reasons. First, the roads are often icy and wet, which means it's easy for your tires to lose traction and skid. Second, winter weather is more likely to lead to collisions than summer months because people drive more slowly in bad weather. All-season tires are not ideal for the winter roads, so it's important to make sure you have winter tires installed on your vehicle before you hit the road this season!
Winter driving can be dangerous for a variety of reasons.
Ice, snow, and slush are all unpredictable when it comes to traction. You can drive safely one minute and then suddenly find yourself skidding out of control on black ice the next. If you're lucky enough to have avoided any accidents during your winter journey, you'll be thankful that your tires provided reliable grip in those treacherous conditions.
Winter tires are specifically designed for cold weather driving conditions; they have a softer tread that grips better in cold weather, as well as a higher level of grip on snow and ice than other types of tires do. This means that if you choose winter tires over all-season tires or regular ones (like summer), you will likely experience fewer accidents due to slippery roads and unexpected patches of black ice!
If you're driving in temperatures below 7 degrees Celsius (45 degrees Fahrenheit), or on icy roads, then winter tires are a must. If you're not sure whether your car has them fitted, true winter tires will be marked with a logo of a three-peaked mountain and a snowflake. This indicates that they are indeed winter tires—and will help keep you safe during those snowy months!
You can save money on your auto insurance policy when you have winter tires installed on your vehicle.
All insurance providers in Ontario are required to provide a winter tire discount to policy holders who purchase and install winter tires. The savings are because winter tires improve traction and braking in snowy or icy conditions, which means safer driving overall. In addition, winter tires are often available at a discount. The discount was mandated to not only reduce insurance rates but also to improve overall roadway safety. In Ontario, you may be eligible for a winter tire insurance discount if you have a full set of winter tires. To get the discount, most insurance companies need you to have your winter tires installed from November 1st until April 1st (although this can vary). Ask your Acumen Insurance specialist today about your own policy and what discounts apply.
The Ontario government hasn’t made winter tires mandatory – but they’re highly recommended. Winter tires are specially designed for driving in snowy, icy conditions. Having them on your car will help protect you, your family, and other drivers.
This means that if you have winter tires on your car, you can save money in the long run! You will also see a decrease in tire wear, which means that you can get even more kilometers out of each set of tires.
Drive safely this winter
Winter driving is a challenge, and it's important to be prepared. With the right equipment and a little know-how, you can keep your family safe on the road this winter.
Here are some tips for driving in the snow and ice:
- If you're driving in Canada during the winter, make sure your car has been checked for safety. This is especially important if you've recently purchased a new vehicle.
- Make sure that all of your lights are working properly, including your headlights and taillights, brake lights, turn signals, and fog lights. You should also check that they are clean, so they aren't blinding other drivers when they shine on them!
- Always wear your seat belt! It's not worth risking an accident or getting injured just so you can avoid wearing one—you'll never regret being safe! Also remember to always use child safety seats for children under 13 years old who weigh less than 40 pounds (18 kilograms). This means buckling them into the back seat instead of having them sit up front with you!
- Slow down! Even if you're driving a luxury vehicle, it's important to remember that your car is less stable when it's moving through snow or ice. It's also more difficult to stop in case of an emergency.
- Be prepared! Make sure you have a full tank of gas before heading out in winter conditions. If you get stuck in a snow drift, you may not have time to wait for help or refill your tank before running out of fuel.
- Don't drive alone! Accidents can happen at any time, and if you're alone on the road during a blizzard or other dangerous conditions, there may not be anyone around to help if something goes wrong.
Winter tires are an essential component of safe winter driving. They can help you avoid costly accidents and keep your insurance premiums low - making them a good investment for all drivers. If you are in the market for a new set of tires, be sure to consider winter tires. They can help you stay safe on the road this winter and beyond. You can't always predict what's going to happen in life. But you can always make sure that you're prepared for it.
When you're looking for a car insurance provider, it's important to make sure you're getting the best coverage and service possible. We know that when you're searching for car insurance, you want to find a company that will give you the right protection at the right price. At Acumen Insurance, we believe in making sure our clients are protected in the event of an accident or injury and have access to the best coverage available. We're here to help and provide the best advice and products to keep you covered, whether it's car or home insurance. Our goal is simple: offer personalized service and competitive rates so you can rest assured that your family is taken care of.